Key Elementary School
Key Elementary School is located on Key Boulevard, which is a few blocks from the Court House metro station. The school is named after Francis Scott Key and is a Spanish and English immersion school. Students participate in what is called a "Dual Language Program" - two way immersion. All grades learn to be fully bilingual and literate in both languages.
There are also several after-school programs and activities for kids to get involved with. In addition, children 3 to 5 years old experience the Montessori way of teaching.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 6pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Public/Private: Public
- Religious affiliation: None
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 80
- Montessori: Yes
- Grade levels: Nursery - Fifth grade
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Infirmary, Language lab, Library
- Extracurricular activities available: YES Club, Humanities Programs, Odyessy of the Mind, Schoolyard Habitat, Writers Workshop