Crate and Barrel
Crate & Barrel has been one of the pioneer markets for household furnishings since first opening in Chicago's Old Town in 1962. The quality line displayed in its stores started when founders Carol and Gordon Segal began by acquiring stylish and affordable home products from small manufacturers in Europe and exhibiting them on the crates and barrels in which they were shipped.
With a comforting atmosphere that includes brilliant colors and attractive interior design, this sleek and stylish store is pleasant to visit, with its easy navigation and welcoming staff.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 10am - 9pm; Sat, 10am - 9pm; Sun, 11am - 6pm
- Handicap Accessible: Elevator in entrance way to all floors
- Founding Date: 1962
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Store Credit Card, Visa
- Products: Dinnerware, drinkware, flatware, serveware, table linens, kitchen gadgets, furniture, bath essentials, cookbooks, pillows, rugs, vases, curtains
- Services: Delivery, Gift certificates, Gift wrapping, Shipping
- Return policy: All returns must be made within 30 days of purchase accompanied by a receipt.
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: Yes
- Parking: On-street: metered, Paid lot
- Private events: No
- What are some tips to keep in mind when decorating?: Keep it simple, but remember to keep it "you."
- Interior design: No
- Home furnishing brands: Crate & Barrel
- Kitchen & bath brands: Crate & Barrel