Temperatures are expected to be in the 70s when we wake up Wednesday morning, but swiftly climb as the sun rises and the potential for severe storms moves into the area.
See your local forecast at The Weather Channel.
Here is a timeline for our hot Wednesday, based on a 4:30 p.m. forecast from the National Weather Service:
- By 10 a.m., the heat index is expected to rise above 90 degrees.
- By 1 p.m., the temperature will be over 90 degrees, with the heat index nearing 100 degrees.
- By 4 p.m., the heat index will likely be at its worst, just over 100 degrees in some places.
- Temperatures will begin to fall in the evening, but still remain over 80 degrees after sunset.
- The heat index is expected to climb back up into the mid-90s on Thursday afternoon.