More than a dozen local and regional vendors will be selling produce and much more at the grand opening of the Ballston Farmer's Market on Thursday.
The market, co-sponsored by FRESHFARM Markets and the Ballston Business Improvement District, will be held between North Stuart and North Taylor streets, across from the Ballston Metro, from 3 to 7 p.m.
According to an announcement by the BID, the following vendors will be included in the grand opening:
- Evergrain Bread Company(Chestertown, Md.)
- Garden Path Farm(Newburg, Pa.)
- Mickley’s Orchard (Biglerville, Pa.)
- Wild Rose Soap Company (Gaithersburg, Md.)
- Pleitez Produce (Montross, Va.)
- Capitol Kettle Corn (Ft. Meade, Md.)
- Westmoreland Berry Farm (Oak Grove, Va.)
- The Farms at Ellis Bay (Nanticoke, Md.)
- Fresh Crunch Pickles (Arlington, Va.)
- Keswick Creamery at Carrock Farm (Newburg, Pa.)
- Radix Farm (Upper Marlboro, Md.)
- Shells Yes! Crab Cake Company (Chester, Md.)
- Gunpowder Bison & Trading Co. (Monkton, Md.)
Let us know if you plan on patronizing the Ballston Farmers' Market. If it becomes your new favorite, let us know in We're taking nominations through July 9 and voting on the finalists will start later in July.