Arlington Public Schools officials posted the following announcement early Thursday morning:
All Arlington Public Schools will open two hours late today. All administrative offices and the pools will open on time. Morning field trips are canceled. The Extended Day program will also open two hours late.
Federal employees have the option for unscheduled telework or unscheduled leave today.
Snow showers began after midnight Thursday and continued on and off throughout the night. The sun is expected to peek out by 10 a.m. with temperatures rising to 29 this afternoon. Winds will come from the northwest, bringing the wind chill down into the teens all day.
Most other Arlington County administrative offices are operating under a normal schedule. See the full list of closures on Arlington's website.
Other resources from Arlington County:
- Report streets that need plowing using this online form.
- For snow service updates, call Arlington's Department of Environmental Services at 703-228-6485.
- Your can also keep track of service updates by "Liking" Arlington County Environmental Services on Facebook or follow @ArlingtonDES on Twitter.
- Check here for winter weather driving tips before you hit the roads this morning.
- View a map of roads that are plowed first. Major intersections are the first to be serviced.