Ebbin is one of 10 Democrats running in a primary for the 8th congressional District seat currently occupied by Congressman Jim Moran, who recently announced his retirement from Congress. The primary election is June 10.
Prior to serving in the General Assembly, Ebbin served as then-Gov. Mark Warner’s Chief Deputy Commissioner of the Department of Labor and Industry. Ebbin has lived in Alexandria for more than 20 years, and served on the 8th District Democratic Committee and the Virginia Democratic Party’s State Steering Committee.
The kick-off for Ebbin's campaign will take place March 22 from 2-4 p.m. at Los Tios Grill, 2615 Mt. Vernon Ave. in Del Ray. You can RSVP for the event by emailing: email@example.com.
There are two fundraisers for Ebbin scheduled, leading up to the kick-off:
- Wednesday, March 19, 6-8 p.m. at 3704 Taft Ave. in Alexandria, hosted by Christopher Man and Adam Marquez. To purchase a ticket for the fundraiser, click here.
- Thursday, March 20, 6-8 p.m. at 2107 Powhatan St. in Falls Church, hosted by Michael Perez, Gary Dopslaff, Seth Morrison and Kathleen Murphy. For ticket information, click here.
- Democrat Del. Mark Sickles Exits Race for Congress
- Democrats Bill Euille, Mark Sickles Kick Off Campaigns for Congress
- Don Beyer Wins Straw Poll Among Democrats Running in 8th District Primary
- Alexandrians Mark Levine, Derek Hyra Enter Race for Congress
- Virginia Del. Mark Sickles Announces He's Gay
- Community Leader Lavern Chatman Enters Congressional Race
- State Sen. Adam Ebbin Announces Run for Congress
- Charniele Herring Enters Race for Congress
- Sickles Joins Growing List of Democrats Seeking 8th Congressional District Nod
- Alexandria Mayor Bill Euille Enters Congressional Race
- Patrick Hope Launches Congressional Campaign
- Report: Don Beyer to Enter Race for Congress
- After Jim Moran: Awaiting a Swarm of Potential Successors