December is here, and that means it's Christmas tree season. Not feeling an artificial tree this year? Check out one of these cut-your-own farms or pre-cut tree sellers.
- Where: Sweetwater Lane in Chantilly
- Hours: 10 a.m. to dark daily.
- Cut your own Christmas trees at Joe’s Trees. Tree varieties include Norway and blue spruce, Douglas fir, and Scotch and white pine. Trees average about $40.
- Call 703-754-7825 for more information.
- Where: 15621 Braddock Road, Centreville
- Hours: 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Mondays to Fridays, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays
- Cox Farms has a wide selection of fresh-cut trees and plenty of fun family activities in its Winter Wonderland.
- Call 703-830-4121 or visit their website
Hank’s Christmas Trees at Hartland Farm
- Where: 3064 Hartland Lane, Markham
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily until Dec. 23
- Fresh wreaths made on site, free warm beverages available, and dogs on leashes allowed. Tree varieties include blue spruce, white pine, Scots pine, Fraser fir and more. Gloves, hand saws and tie-down rope are provided.
- Call 540-533-6901 or visit their website.
- Where: 11110 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily
- Krop’s Crops offers pre-cut trees, pointsettias, wreaths, tree stands, lights, ornaments and more. Tree varieties include Douglas fir, Norway and blue spruce.
- Call 703-430-8955 or visit their website.
- Where: Route 613, Chantilly
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m Saturdays and Sundays through Dec. 16
- Ticonderoga Farms has pre-cut trees, holly bundles and greens. Varieties include Virginia pine, red cedar, Fraser fir and more.
- Call 703-327-4424 or visit their website.
Snickers Gap Tree Farm
- 34350 Williams Gap Road, Round Hill
- Hours: 9 a.m. to dark Saturdays and Sundays, noon until dark
- Snickers Gap Tree Farm has more than 40,000 trees in various stages of growth. Specialties include Mountain Slow Grown Douglas Fir and Colorado Blue Spruce, as well as a variety of Mountain Slow Grown Norway Spruce. You can cut your own Christmas tree at the farm.
- Call 540-554-8323 or visit their website.