- When/Where: Noon to 7 p.m. on Saturday at the Capitol City Brewing Company 4001 Campbell Ave. in Shirlington.
- Why Go: Try beers from over 50 vendors. There will also be live entertainment and food.
- Price: $25 to sample beer. Includes: wristband, tasting glass and 10 tickets. Additional tickets will be sold for $1 each with a 5 ticket minimum.
2. Redskins Linebacker Lorenzo Alexander at Sprinkles Cupcakes
- When/Where: 2 to 3 p.m. Saturday at Sprinkles Cupcakes in Georgetown (3015 M St. )
- Why go: Washington Redskins star linebacker Lorenzo Alexander will greet dedicated fans at Sprinkles Cupcakes in Georgetown. There you can buy a charitable cupcake in his name benefiting the Lorenzo Alexander ACES Foundation, a non-profit organization created to provide enrichment programs for youth in the Greater Washington DC Area.
- Price: $3.50 per cupcake (From Oct. 6 to Oct. 12, 100 percent of the proceeds from the sales of Sprinkles Vanilla cupcakes will be donated to the ACES Foundation.)
3. Artisphere Family Open House
- When/Where: 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Sunday at the Artisphere, 1101 Wilson Blvd.
- Why go: The Artisphere will have an open house for a storyteller, circus performers, and a theatrical workshop. Read our previous coverage for a full list of this weekend’s events.
- Price: Free
4. Sister Simone Campbell "Radical Feminist" Visits Holy Trinity
- When/Where: 9 a.m. Saturday at Holy Trinity Catholic Church (3513 N St., NW)
- Why go: Sister Simone is Executive Director of NETWORK and has been featured on The Jon Stewart Show, Stephen Colbert and Bill Moyers. She will speak about her concerns regarding America's commitment to the poor and the Catholic Church.
- Price: Free.
- When/Where: 8 a.m. Saturday at Bluemont Park, 329 N. Manchester St.
- Why go: Support Mental Health America, an Alexandria-based nonprofit dedicated to mental health.
- Price: The registration fee is $30.