This week, Arlington County will host the latest in a series of community workshops designed to ‘Realize Rosslyn.'
All events are free and open to the public. Like the workshops hosted in December, the sessions are intended to give the public a chance to share their input on the long-range plan for the urban center.
[ Read what advice Rosslyn residents had for the county at the previous meeting ]
Residents will chat with architects and county officials in charge of implementing the plan.
Casual Conversations on Realize Rosslyn from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Continental Pool Lounge, 1911 Fort Myer Drive
- "Are you a resident or worker in the future of Rosslyn? Do you have ideas on how Rosslyn can become an even better place to live, work, and play? If you can’t make the workshops, join us in this relaxed atmosphere to share your ideas and preferences with the project team."
Community Workshop: Part 1 | Rosslyn’s 20-year Vision from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Wednesday at the Artisphere, 1101 Wilson Blvd.
Part 1 of the series will focus on Rosslyn’s big picture vision opportunities and challenges.
- Presentation on building a vision framework for Rosslyn; (with Q &A)
- Review of preliminary scenarios for world-class public spaces;
- Breakout group sessions for public input on draft vision principles and priority framework elements to support the vision
- Visual preference surveys
Community Workshop: Part 2 | Making Rosslyn a World-Class Urban Place from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Thursday at the Artisphere, 1101 Wilson Blvd.
Part 2 of the workshop series will build off of the momentum from Wednesday night’s discussion, and focus more on how various public place elements can potentially fit into the larger public realm framework of streets and park spaces supporting Rosslyn’s vision. Thursday night’s event will include:
- Review initial feedback from Wednesday’s visual preference surveys and vision principle discussions;
- Introduction of building block elements for great public places in Rosslyn;
- Breakout group sessions including exercises to define preferences for walkable streets, public open spaces, and building form
Working Open House at 11 am to 4 p.m. Thursday at the Rosslyn BID offices, 1911 North Fort Myer Drive, LL-10
- Join the planning/design team as they work to develop concepts and summarize long-term vision principles based on input from Community Workshop Part 1. Share your thoughts in one-on-one discussions with project team members on the draft pieces of the overall planning framework and application of preliminary public realm elements.
What would you like to see in the long-range plan for Rosslyn? Tell us in the comments!