The Arlington County Board meets on Saturday morning. The public will have the opportunity to speak to board members during the public comment period, starting at 8:30 a.m. The board will continue with the meeting agenda no later than 9:30 a.m.
Agenda highlights include:
- : The board will vote on the continuation of the Route 1 Corridor Streetcar Conversion Project with the City of Alexandria. A recommendation has been made to split the project into two phases.
- Obesity Prevention Grant: The Virginia Department of Health has awarded Arlington a $50,000 grant for the Obesity Prevention through Healthy Communities program.
- Courthouse Fee: The board will vote on a recommendation to allow the Circuit and District courts to levy a $2 courthouse maintenance fee for each civil action filed.
- Child Care: Maria Teresa’s Babies Early Enrichment Center on 23rd Street South wants to increase enrollment capacity from 50 to 68 children. The board will vote on the request.
- Live Music: The county manager will recommend the board deny the permit application Yorktown Bistro submitted to continue offering live entertainment and dancing.
A full copy of the agenda is available online. The county board will meet again Tuesday at 3 p.m.