Update (1:16 a.m. Thursday): The latest from the Arlington County Parks and Recreation Department for Thursday:
- All Preschool programs are cancelled.
- All senior nutrition programs at Walter Reed, Langston and Arlington Mill are cancelled.
- All Senior Centers will open as scheduled and senior recreation programs will proceed as scheduled.
- All Enjoy Arlington classes, nature center programs and sports league activities scheduled to start prior to11:59 a.m. will be cancelled in all buildings. All Enjoy Arlington classes and nature center programs with scheduled start time of NOON or later will proceed as scheduled.
- All evening Enjoy Arlington classes, sports league activities and nature center programs will proceed as scheduled.
- All swimming pools (W-L, Wakefield, and Yorktown) will open on time.
- All community centers including the five joint use facilities located at Carver, Drew, Gunston, Lansgton and Thomas Jefferson will open on time as scheduled and community center programs will proceed as scheduled.
- Synthetic fields remain closed.
- The Powhatan Springs skate park remains closed.
Original article (9:10 p.m. Wednesday): All Arlington Public Schools will open on a two-hour delay on Thursday. The Extended Day program will also open two hours late, the school system has announced.
All Arlington Public Schools offices will open on time Thursday.
Morning field trips are cancelled.
Thursday will see a 20 percent chance of afternoon snow showers and a high of around 25, according to the latest forecast from the National Weather Service.
As of 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, Arlington County reported all main roads to be cleared and about 80 percent of residential streets had been been through the first round of being treated and plowed.
County crews will be treating areas that refreeze overnight.
To report an outage to Dominion Virginia Power or check the status of an outage, click here or call 866-DOM-HELP (866-366-4357).
More from Patch:
- Flight Cancellations, Delays Continue at Reagan National, Dulles on Wednesday
- Deep Freeze Timeline: When Will Arlington Warm Up?
- Arlington's Snow Day in Photos
- Closings, Cancellations & Delays in Arlington: Wednesday, Jan. 22
- Photo Gallery: Snow Day in Virginia and Washington
- Hundreds of Flights Cancelled, Delayed Tuesday at Reagan National, Dulles International Airports