Invite a friend
A LATE SUMMER MUSICAL ROMANCE - National Chamber Ensemble
A LATE SUMMER MUSICAL ROMANCE
Ballroom at Artisphere
Please join us for a wonderful way to end the summer with a Gala Concert and Champagne Reception in support of the National Chamber Ensemble featuring the most alluring and romantic music for violin and piano.
$55 General Admission includes the post concert Champagne Reception.
Leonid Sushansky violin /Artistic Director "He plays with so much heart it makes you want to cry." - Nina Totenberg, National Public Radio
Carlos Rodriguez piano "A performer who throws body and soul into his work...Rodríguez is as compelling to watch as he is to hear." - The Washington Post
Works by Franck, Kreisler, Chopin, Svendsen, Bizet/Waxman and more.
Praised by the Washington Post for being "Delightful...abundant in jovial wit.", the National Chamber Ensemble (NCE) is opening its Sixth Season. The NCE is redefining the meaning of “chamber music.” With its creative five seasons of programming, incorporating tango, ballet, jazz, guitar, opera, children’s choruses, stage sets and multimedia with traditional classical fare, the ensemble attracts a whole new audience while keeping traditionalists happy! The concerts are fun, inspiring, educational, listener-friendly and offer the area's most enjoyable musical evening. This concert will be a wonderful preview to the National Chamber Ensemble's exciting season!
|Where||Artisphere 1101 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA 22209|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Who to bring||Everyone|
|Price||$55 General admission, includes Champagne Reception|
More About Artisphere
Artisphere connects artists and audiences through an eclectic mix of arts programming. The facility provides visitors with insight into the creative process, allowign them to engage in artistic experiences ranging from contemporary visual art, live music and theatre to new media, film and dance. Artisphere is located two blocks away from the Rosslyn Metro (blue/orange), and within walking distance of Georgetown. Admission to Artisphere and all of its visual art galleries is free, although there is a charge for ticketed events. Artisphere offers free parking for its patrons on weekday evenings after 5pm, as well as all day on weekends.
Other events here
- Wilmer Wilson IV: The Forever Aftermath Daily,
- Amy Hughes Braden: Demographics + Aaron Hughes: Sampling Daily,
- An Artistic Discovery: The Congressional Art Competition Daily,
- National Chamber Ensemble (NCE) Presents Bach, Beethoven and Brahms Sat, Jun 1, 7:30 pm–9:30 pm
- Sierra Leone's Refugee All Stars Sat, Jun 1, 8:00 pm–11:00 pm
- SUPERNOVA Forum of Performance: Aftermath Sat, Jun 8, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Photo/Video 13 Free Opening Reception Thu, Jun 13, 7:00 pm–10:00 pm
- Shocked + Amazed presents Lucky Daredevil Thrillshow Sat, Jun 15, 9:30 pm–11:30 pm
- Arijit Das: Cloud Mapping Daily,
- Gangstagrass with The Human Country Jukebox Fri, Jun 28, 8:30 pm–11:00 pm