Sunday Road Closures for 36th Annual Marine Corps Marathon
The 36th Annual Marine Corps Marathon will be held Sunday. The festivities begin at 7 a.m. and Metro will open its doors at 5 a.m. The race start line is located on Route 110 just South of Arlington Memorial Drive. Be sure to check your route for road closures during race time and race festivities.
These Arlington roads will be affected at the following times:
4:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Eastbound Washington Boulevard will be closed at I-395 towards Memorial Bridge.
4:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Route 110 will be closed in both directions to all traffic.
- N. Meade Street will be closed from Fairfax Drive to Marshall Drive
- There will be no access to Lynn Street or Meade Street from Route 50.
- N. Lynn Street, from Route 50 to N. 19th Street, will be closed.
- Ft. Myer Drive will be closed from 19th Street to Route 50.
- N. Moore Street, from 19th Street to Wilson Boulevard, will be closed.
- Wilson Boulevard will be closed east of N. Nash Street.
4:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
- Westbound Washington Boulevard from Memorial Circle to I-395 will be closed.
7:15 a.m.-11:15 a.m.
- Eastbound Lee Highway, from Kirkwood Road to N. Lynn Street will be closed.
- Westbound Lee Highway, from N. Scott Street to Kirkwood Road will be closed to thru traffic (local traffic will have egress by taking Scott Street to Veitch Street. Citizens leaving the area can use westbound Lee Highway to Spout Run and exit the area via the George Washington Parkway).
7:15 a.m. - 12:00 noon
- The Key Bridge will be closed.
7:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- The southbound I-395 HOV lanes from Washington, D.C. will be closed.
7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- 12th Street South from Eads Street to Crystal Drive (local traffic permitted in one lane from Eads Street to Army Navy Drive) Traffic is encouraged to avoid this route as intermittent closures will occur. Use S. 15th Street to access hotels.
- Crystal Drive will be closed from 12th Street to 23rd Street.
- Rotary Road will be closed throughout Pentagon South parking.
- Columbia Pike will be closed at Joyce Street (access Pentagon via Boundary Channel).
7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Army Navy Drive will be closed from Fern Street to S. 12th Street.