Metro: Buses to Replace Trains on Blue Line Between Pentagon and Rosslyn
Some work on the Blue Line will result in buses replacing trains for some stations.
According to a Metro news release:
Buses will replace Blue Line trains between Pentagon and Rosslyn to allow for a track circuit replacement, fastener replacement and joint elimination.
Blue Line trains will operate in two segments:
- Between Franconia-Springfield and Mount Vernon Square (via the Yellow Line bridge) at regular weekend intervals.
- Between Largo Town Center and Rosslyn at regular weekend intervals.
Free shuttle bus service will operate between Pentagon and Rosslyn stations with an intermediate stop at Arlington Cemetery. Those using shuttle bus service should allow 20 minutes of additional travel time.
A tip: those traveling between Blue Line stations south of Pentagon and stations east of L'Enfant Plaza should transfer at L'Enfant Plaza for a faster trip without the need to use shuttle buses.
Red Line trains will single track between through two work zones:
- Between Friendship Heights and Van Ness to allow for track improvements, and fastener and insulator renewal.
- Between Rhode Island Avenue and Fort Totten to allow for installation of cable and signal components, as well as track maintenance.
Throughout the weekend, trains between Shady Grove and Glenmont will operate every 24 minutes. Between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, additional trains will operate between Van Ness and NoMa-Gallaudet, resulting in service an average of every 12 minutes between those stations. Those traveling through either work zone should allow 15 minutes of additional travel time.
Green Line trains will single track between Greenbelt and College Park to allow for construction associated with a new track to test 7000-series railcars. As a result:
- From 7 a.m. until 6 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, every other train will originate/terminate at College Park, rather than Greenbelt.
- Green Line trains will operate normally, at regular weekend intervals, between College Park and Branch Avenue.
- Those traveling to or from Greenbelt Station should allow about 10 minutes of additional travel time.
Have you liked Clarendon Patch on Facebook yet?