Hurricane Sandy Social Media Resources
Who to follow locally, nationally, for updates on Hurricane Sandy.
It seems increasingly likely that Hurricane Sandy will combine with other weather systems, bringing heavy rain and strong winds to the D.C. metro area from late Sunday through Tuesday.
You may lose power as a result of this storm, so be sure to download a Twitter and Facebook app to your mobile device to follow these accounts and more.
Arlington County social media accounts to follow:
- Follow @arlingtonalert for official alerts
- @ReadyArlington for great emergency tips
- ReadyArlington on Facebook
- Follow Arlington County on twitter @ArlingtonVa
- Follow both Arlington Patch on Twitter and Facebook, and Clarendon Patch on Twitter and Facebook
National Weather Resources
- Follow along the National Weather Service Hurricane Sandy page
- Follow the National Weather Service on twitter @usNWSgo
- Download this American Red Cross hurricane app
- Follow the National Hurricane Center on facebook
- Follow the National Hurricane Center on twitter @NHC_Atlantic
- For a list of suggested emergency supplies you should collect for your family, visit the Virginia Department of Emergency Management ready virginia page.
- Follow the Virginia Department of Emergency Management on twitter @vdem or on facebook
Local Media accounts to follow:
- Follow the Capital Weather Gang blog by the Washington Post or twitter @capitalweather
- Follow Huffington Post DC for regional information