Arlington Public Schools Hosts Meetings on Williamsburg Boundaries
Arlington Public Schools has planned several meetings for December.
The school board has identified the following seven elementary school communities to directly engage in this process: Ashlawn, Glebe, Jamestown, McKinley, Nottingham, Taylor and Tuckahoe.
The next meeting will take place at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Taylor Elementary School, 2600 N. Stuart St.
- A presentation of the boundary framework communications plan will be given at the next school board meeting, which is 7:30 p.m. Thursday at 1426 N. Quincy St.
- APS staff will host a neighborhood meeting at 7 p.m. Dec. 10 at McKinley Elementary, 1030 N. McKinley Road
- APS staff will host a neighborhood meeting at 7 p.m. Dec. 11 at Jamestown Elementary, 3700 N. Delaware St.
- APS staff will host a neighborhood meeting at 7 p.m. Dec. 12 at Ashlawn Elementary, 5950 8th Road N.
- APS staff will host a neighborhood meeting Dec. 13 at Nottingham Elementary, 5900 Little Falls Road. The time has not been set for this meeting yet.
- APS staff will host a neighborhood meeting at 7 p.m. Dec. 13 at Glebe Elementary, 1770 N. Glebe Road
- Finally, there's a 9 a.m. meeting on Dec. 15 at Williamsburg Middle School, 3600 N. Harrison St., with community members on option development.
In the past five years, the number of students in the school system has grown by 28 percent, according to APS. The new $28.1 million elementary school on Williamsburg’s campus would add 600 seats.