10 (Open) Places to Eat on Christmas Day
Tired of turkey? Here's a list of places to get good grub on Christmas Day. And yes, these restaurants will be open.
Now that we're a month removed from the obligatory Thanksgiving turkey, perhaps you want to eat something different this Christmas. Although most businesses are closed on Saturday, you can find good restaurants open on Christmas and the menus are as diverse as Arlington's population.
1. Café Asia, 1550 Wilson Blvd, will be open from noon to midnight. Café Asia offers an eclectic menu of dishes from Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, China, Japan, and Vietnam. (703) 741-0870
2. Vantage Point Rooftop Restaurant, 1900 Fort Myer Dr., opens at noon Saturday and closes at 8 p.m. Vantage Point sits atop the Holiday Inn at Key Bridge and has a traditional American menu with great seafood selections. (703) 807-2000. www.hirosslyn.com
3. Revival, 1401 Lee Hwy, the restaurant at the Key Bridge Marriot, will be open for breakfast 6:30 a.m. Until 10:30, (703) 524-6400.
4. Afghan Kabob House, 2045 Wilson Blvd, serves up traditional Afghan food including choice of lamb, chicken or fish kabob. (703) 294-9999. www.afghankabobhouse.org
5. Delhi Dhaba , 2424 Wilson Blvd., serves traditional Northern Indian food. (703) 524-0008. www.delhidhaba.com
6. China Garden, 1100 Wilson Blvd, serves up Dim Sum. Still craving bird? The Beijing (or Peking) duck makes an excellent choice in the beautifully decorated restaurant located on the mall level of the Twin Towers. Open 11:30 – 10 p.m. on Christmas. 703-525-5317. www.chinagardenva.com
7. East West Grill, 2721 Wilson Blvd., will open at 11 a.m. and features modestly priced Indian and Pakistani cuisine served in a quaint setting. Try the lamb, chicken or fish kabob. 703-312-4888
8. Rhodeside Grill, 1836 Wilson Blvd., is a neighborhood favorite that sits on the boarder of Rosslyn and Courthouse. It will open at 6 p.m. Christmas evening. 703-243-0145
9. Sawatdee, 2250 Clarendon Blvd., is the place for what some call the best Thai food in Arlington. Opens 5 p.m. Christmas evening. 703-243-8181. www.sawatdee.net
10. Taste of Morocco, 3211 Washington Blvd., offers flavorful Moroccan dishes and Belly dancers! Opens 5 p.m. on Christmas. 703-527-7468