LOCAL PATCH HIRING - GREAT SALESPEOPLE CLICK HERE!
Passionate about your local news, local businesses, and online media?
Enjoy the convenience of working from home?
Interested in a career in sales/advertising?
This could be the opportunity for you to pursue your interests. Georgetown, Ballston-Virginia Square, Falls Church, McLean, Mount Vernon & Clarendon-Courthouse-Rosslyn Area Patch Media branches are seeking bright, motivated go-getters to join their ranks of online advertising experts! If you believe in helping out your local businesses while being a part of a fun, growing organization- then this may be the position for you.
We’re Patch.com, a digital platform that’s radically reinventing journalism and community engagement. We launched with just 3 sites in February 2009 and now operate hundreds of sites in communities across the country - and we are continuing to expand! Patch is founded on two core principles: that there’s a big need for news and information in small towns, and that we can create a successful, sustainable business model around that need. Even as many newsrooms have been downsized or shut down over the past few years, Patch is investing millions to strengthen our platform and to provide meaningful daily news, ways for users to interact with the site and with each other, and support for our communities’ local businesses and economy. A lot of people are paying attention; our stories have been picked up by virtually every major news organization, including CNN, Fox News, AP and Reuters, USA Today, the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, and then some.
And did we mention fun?
Patchers know how to have a good time, from our monthly Fun Club activities to the Give 5 program that offers our employees paid time off to do volunteer work in Patch towns. Patch is all about serving communities, and this is one of the most important ways we accomplish that.
Patch is committed to helping local businesses survive and thrive.
Our team does more than simply sell a suite of products and generate revenue for Patch. We are active members of our communities, ambassadors of the Patch brand, tireless multi-taskers, go-getters and problem-solvers. We work with our partners to provide affordable local online advertising opportunities that work.
Our executives seek out and thrive in a fast-paced and constantly changing environments. They are goal-oriented achievers who exceed their individual targets while being a true team player.
Role: Local Online Sales Executive
As one of Patch’s Local Online Sales Executives, you’ll work closely with our advertisers as their in-town online advertising expert. You’ll know your own Patch platform (and others) backwards and forwards so you can present complete advertising solutions. You may even decide to host a local seminar on how to achieve the best results by advertising on the web. As the leading local business executive you will attend chamber and trade functions, get involved in community groups, head up charitable efforts, and maintain a highly visible presence in the business community. Combining superior digital marketing expertise with a strong entrepreneurial spirit and ability to ‘close’ deals, you will ultimately sell Patch advertising inventory, champion Patch’s unique business model, and support the company’s long-term vision and success.
• Sell online advertising products (including banner ads, premium listings, coupons, video, and more) to local businesses, overseeing all sales and inventory management in your assigned local markets
• Present promotional opportunities and display options to local store owners and business managers
• Research, identify and pursue opportunities to increase sales of both current and new offerings—constantly finding ways to optimize ad campaigns and grow accounts, while also seeking out new business
• Help to coordinate, and sometimes attend, local seminars and event sponsorships
• Act as a passionate representative of and local ambassador for Patch
This role will cover the following areas: Georgetown (DC), Ballston-Virginia Square, Falls Church, McLean, Mount Vernon & Clarendon-Courthouse-Rosslyn, VA.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred (in marketing, business, or a related discipline)
• 1-3 years related experience
• Top-notch selling and marketing instincts with strong interpersonal, communications and influencing skills
• Willingness and confidence to take on the role of a Patch media and advertising consultant
• Clear grasp of the industry and a passion for the web, social networking, and online community websites
• Ability to simultaneously manage sales, inventory, design and other aspects of online advertising
• Capacity to quickly tap into the interests, rhythms, and identity of a community
• Unparalleled organizational skills, and the ability to work independently, as well as on a team
• Car ownership (a must) and flexibility to work from anywhere—be it at home, from your car, or in town, at a local coffee shop or store
• Proximity to—or the ability to relocate near or in—the relevant market location
• Ability and willingness to work hours outside of the typical M-F and 9-5, sometimes weekend
This position works from a draw with commissions and benefits package, including 401(k) match. Patch Media is an AOL company.
TO SUBMIT YOUR RESUME, CLICK HERE: https://jobs.brassring.com/1033/asp/tg/cim_home.asp?partnerid=25237&siteid=5161&codes=125032BR,NPAT